In order to keep our staff, passengers and the community safe during the Coronavirus pandemic, CDC Victoria has put in place a variety of extra safety practices at our depots, offices and on board our buses.
- All staff, visitors and contractors at CDC depots (Victoria wide) have their temperature taken when they first arrive at the bus depots.
- CDC has worked closely with Government and have a “No cash handling” policy on all buses. Passengers must have a topped card as drivers can no longer handle cash.
- All Staff have been issued with hand sanitiser and encouraged to wash their hands often.
- All our buses are cleaned regularly and routinely disinfected to stop the spread of germs (includes daily sanitization cleaning of all touch points and driver’s cabin).
- Buses are completely sanitised regularly with the use of fogging machines with antibacterial and sanitising mist.
- CDC has a Buffer zone in place on all buses which blocks off the front 2 seats. This allows us to keep our drivers and passengers safe.
- CDC promotes social distancing practices at all depots and offices with blocked off seats, etc in lunchrooms to keep staff safe.
- We will be providing an on-site free flu vaccination for all staff and a reimbursement program for staff who want to do flu vaccination at their own doctors, etc.
- CDC promotes flexible work at home arrangements for admin staff (where possible) and the use of online meeting spaces for meetings/ discussions, etc.